Instagram will begin requiring users to confirm their birthdays as part of an effort to create new safety features for young people, the Facebook Inc-owned social media app said Monday.
Has explored building a version of its app for kids under the age of 13, prompting lawmakers to urge Facebook to drop the plans, saying the social media company “has a clear record of failing to protect children on its platforms.”
Instagram said in a blog post it will use the information to “ensure we provide the right experiences to the right age group.” Last month, the company said it would default users under 16 to a private account when they join the platform.
The app said it will ask users for their birthdays when they open Instagram and then to show several pop-up notifications if the user does not enter their birthday. At some point, users will be required to submit their birth date to continue using the app, Instagram said.
The changes will only affect Instagram users who have not previously shared their birthday on the app.
added it was aware that some users might enter a false birth date and said it was developing new technology to address such issues.
Instagram to require users to share their birthday amid youth safety push

Latest from Blog
Il Dipartimento Pari Opportunità Nazionale della Lega, guidato dall’On. Souad Sbai annuncia “Ponte Sicuro 72 ore”,
Di Souad Sbai Ci sono lingue che sono molto più di uno strumento per comunicare. Dentro
Le autorità pubbliche del Marocco hanno adottato tutte le misure necessarie per contrastare qualsiasi tentativo di
Il 10 agosto 2026 la governatrice del Massachusetts Maura Healey ha firmato la legge H.5595, che
La Colombia ha annunciato il riconoscimento della sovranità del Marocco sul Sahara Occidentale, segnando una nuova
La presidente della Commissione europea, Ursula von der Leyen, ha elogiato la cooperazione tra Marocco e
La gestione dei flussi migratori rappresenta una responsabilità condivisa tra Paesi di origine, transito e destinazione
L’ondata di ingressi irregolari registrata negli ultimi giorni a Ceuta sarebbe stata preceduta da un’intensa campagna
Il libro, a firma Alessandro Bertoldi (Curcio Editore), propone una riflessione sulle nuove minacce che gravano
“Osservo che è un principio applicato in molti paesi europei e in alcuni stati a maggioranza